Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

carousel component

Level 3

Hello freinds,

How to add different components like videos,images,graph etc to a carousel component.

Thanks,

kumar.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We based a community article on this use case. See this article: http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2013/09/creating-custom-carousel-component-for.html

This article walks you through how to create a custom carousel for AEM using JQuery and using digital assets located in the AEM DAM:

[img]carousel.png[/img]

HTH,

Scott

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Hi Kumar,

The foundation Carousel component cannot do this.  The general Carousel component is basically a list of pages that takes the image from the Page Properties of the page and outputs them into a Carousel.

You would have to create your own custom component to add your own videos/images/graphs/etc...

Thanks,

Steve

Correct answer by
Level 10

We based a community article on this use case. See this article: http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2013/09/creating-custom-carousel-component-for.html

This article walks you through how to create a custom carousel for AEM using JQuery and using digital assets located in the AEM DAM:

[img]carousel.png[/img]

HTH,

Scott

Level 1

iamsumansourav_0-1685167690411.png

Hi I need to create a component, the header u see that is from ootb component, but carousel it is from core component In carousel there is a title, logo and cta inside the image how I implement these things using both OOTB and Core component. can u guide me @arunpatidar

Level 2

Hey Scott,

Your example is helpful but it shows the carousel with images only. What about videos, RTE etc since its been old days that carousel used to have just images. Can we have a carousel of components like adaptive-image, video, RTE etc. components?

Level 10

What I love about AEM from a developer point of view is using Java  to write custom OSGi back-end services and JS technology to write custom front end components. For example -- using JQuery plugins. (then AEM authors can use your custom components when designing AEM web sites). 

TO use JQuery -- you setup a client libs folder and properly setup the client JS files (we have plenty of articles that show how to do this). 

Having said that -- to create a Caroursel that supports other type of data such as videos, all you do is get a JQuery plugin that supports videos. There are all sorts of these plug-ins. See this link for example:

http://codegeekz.com/18-best-jquery-carousel-plugins/

Then follow this article and substitute the plugin. That is, make sure you place the new plugib JS file in the clientlibs folder and modify the AEM page component's JS logic (use the JS logic that corresponds to the plug-in you choose).  Consult the documentation of the plugin that you use.  

HTH

Scott

Level 2

//The general Carousel component is basically a list of pages that takes the image from the Page Properties of the page and outputs them into a Carousel.//

Hi
General carousel Component, is it working properly....?

I was unable to output them into a Carousel.

I created two sample test pages consisting of one image each.

and i added to URL for the pages into my Carousel component as fixed list.

and carousel wasn't generated

Level 10

Hi,

Which version of AEM you are using and also let us know whether you are using OOTB carousal component?

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.