Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Cannot start AEM

Level 1

New to AEM. I am sure this is trivial but would appreciate if you can explain how to fix and why does this happen.

I renamed my quickstart jar to aem-author-p4502.jar and double click.

Get this error on browser

Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line: 95 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files 92: ? request.getParameter(PARAM_NAME_REASON) 93: : ""; 94: 95: if (!StringUtils.isEmpty(reason)) { 96: if (validReasons.containsKey(reason)) { 97: reason = validReasons.get(reason); 98: } else { An error occurred at line: 95 in the jsp file: /libs/granite/core/components/login/login.jsp The method isEmpty(CharSequence) in the type StringUtils is not applicable for the arguments (String) 92: ? request.getParameter(PARAM_NAME_REASON) 93: : ""; 94: 95: if (!StringUtils.isEmpty(reason)) { 96: if (validReasons.containsKey(reason)) { 97: reason = validReasons.get(reason); 98: } else {

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

‌Hello,

See this post:

Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line 95

If you have any questions after reading this, feel free to post back here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi

That error is usually related to the Java JDK you are running and the version of AEM you are running. If you are running AEM 6.0 without having installed any service Pack, you have to be using Java version 7 (do a java -v command from the command line to checkout your version).

If you are running Java version 8, install Service Pack 1 or 2.

Let me know if you need additional information

Gary

Correct answer by
Employee

‌Hello,

See this post:

Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line 95

If you have any questions after reading this, feel free to post back here.