Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can you integrate AEM into a React Native mobile applications ?

Level 1

I see alot about integrating AEM with React JS. I have seen some older questions on this forum and others, touching on this topic, but not explicitly discussing feasibility. I have been asked to recommend an architecture that uses AEM for content delivery for a React Native app. As the React Native app will present content from AEM, I wanted to get some feedback, from the AEM community, if this is a satisfactory approach architecturally, and the risks and issues with testing and device compatibility. Note, we cannot use PhoneGap.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

SPA
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

These days most of the mobile applications are consuming rest based api only for their contents and pages because it is always better to manage one site instead of two different.

So your application also should not be an exception of it. As aem provides rich mechanism to expose its content to third party with the help of Sling model exporter, experience fragment and path based sling servlet so you can take help from these to accomplish your task.

Since most of the sites are using scene7 for their digital assets, that also become a path for you to use rest based api from aem and consume in your app.

For extra security purpose you can use some api management tool if required.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

These days most of the mobile applications are consuming rest based api only for their contents and pages because it is always better to manage one site instead of two different.

So your application also should not be an exception of it. As aem provides rich mechanism to expose its content to third party with the help of Sling model exporter, experience fragment and path based sling servlet so you can take help from these to accomplish your task.

Since most of the sites are using scene7 for their digital assets, that also become a path for you to use rest based api from aem and consume in your app.

For extra security purpose you can use some api management tool if required.

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur