Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't save component dialog having this string into any field: substr()

Level 2

Hi,

i have a custom component that allows users to save custom html/css/js. The problem is that i cannot save any component having this string into a textfield or textarea: substr()

aem.jpg
Network response:
aem2.jpg

If i remove substr() it can be saved. Is there some security checks done on strings when saving content? how can i save such a string? It works with core components, so i guess it can be saved somehow.

Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @dartoism-inetum,
There is no OOTB restriction which prohibits the authors to enter this script. Both textfield and text area allows you to enter this text. You can check if there is any custom script written for this validation for that dialog field. If not, there could be permission issue. Please check the logs to find more.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @dartoism-inetum,
There is no OOTB restriction which prohibits the authors to enter this script. Both textfield and text area allows you to enter this text. You can check if there is any custom script written for this validation for that dialog field. If not, there could be permission issue. Please check the logs to find more.

Level 2

Hi,

it appears that query was blocked by an intermediate security system to prevent unexpected code injection. So issue solved.