Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Can't Find the "Create & Translate" Menu in 6.1

Level 3

Hi All,

I'm looking into the out-of-the-box Translation features, specifically following instructions from this document:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/sites/translation/tc-manage.html

Under the heading Creating Translation Projects Using the References Panel, there is the following instruction, accompanied by a screenshot:

3. Click or tap Create & Translate and then configure the translation job:

I do not see the "Create & Translate" menu under the References panel on my page.  Nor do I see it on the Geometrixx page.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Is there a prerequisite for enabling this menu?

I've attached screenshots of the instructions referenced, as well as a screenshot of the Geometrixx page with no "Create & Translate" option.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Kate,

Yes, the documentation needs updating. There is an issue, DOC-6768, which should result in the page being updated.

If you want to try adding another language, such as Spanish,

• go to main Sites menu open Geometrixx Demo Site
  • create the base Spanish page alongside the English page
    • Create Page
    • Template = Geometrixx Homepage
    • Name 'es'
    • Title 'Spanish'
    • Page Title 'GeoMetrixx'
    • select 'Create'
  • change to "Select" mode and select the English page
  • select References in the top bar to open the References panel
  • select Language Copies to open LANGUAGE COPIES panel
  • check the box next to LANGUAGE COPIES
  • check only the box for Espanol (ES)
  • 'Update language copies' will appear at the bottom of the panel
  • select Update language copies to access the Project where you can
    • Create structure only
    • Create a new translation project
    • Add to existing translation project
  • choose 'Add to existing translation project'
    • in the "'Existing translation project' drop down, choose 'My Translation Project'
    • NOTE: there may still be a bug which requires the box to be manually checked, even if checked by default, in order for the "Start" button to function properly.
  • select 'Start' to begin translation

Although, I just tried these steps myself and did not see a listing of existing translation projects, so there might be a bug in the sample, but this might help you get further along.

- JK  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Kate,

Yes, the documentation needs updating. There is an issue, DOC-6768, which should result in the page being updated.

If you want to try adding another language, such as Spanish,

• go to main Sites menu open Geometrixx Demo Site
  • create the base Spanish page alongside the English page
    • Create Page
    • Template = Geometrixx Homepage
    • Name 'es'
    • Title 'Spanish'
    • Page Title 'GeoMetrixx'
    • select 'Create'
  • change to "Select" mode and select the English page
  • select References in the top bar to open the References panel
  • select Language Copies to open LANGUAGE COPIES panel
  • check the box next to LANGUAGE COPIES
  • check only the box for Espanol (ES)
  • 'Update language copies' will appear at the bottom of the panel
  • select Update language copies to access the Project where you can
    • Create structure only
    • Create a new translation project
    • Add to existing translation project
  • choose 'Add to existing translation project'
    • in the "'Existing translation project' drop down, choose 'My Translation Project'
    • NOTE: there may still be a bug which requires the box to be manually checked, even if checked by default, in order for the "Start" button to function properly.
  • select 'Start' to begin translation

Although, I just tried these steps myself and did not see a listing of existing translation projects, so there might be a bug in the sample, but this might help you get further along.

- JK  

Level 3

Thank you JK!  Yes this works for me as you've described.  I didn't see the listing of existing translation projects either initially, so I created my own.  However, after a few tests I now see the full list.  Not sure what changed, but it's not a concern at the moment.  Thanks for your quick and detailed response and for helping me get further along!