Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Can I identify different environments by color code or other means?

Level 2

I know this can be done because I worked with this setup at another job. Unfortunately, nobody I worked with is around anymore.

Our team is working with quite a few AEM environments at the same time as we create, test, and deploy 15 websites in our current project. With every screen looking the same, it's easy to get lost and be on the wrong site. Is there a way to add some sort of a color code or other kind of identification to the screen we work with so people will know what site they're on?  As I said, I've seen this before with a small square of color being added in the general vicinity of the highlighted area on the screenshot I've attached.

I'm open to any idea or enhancement that can be used to Indicate which environment users are working in. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MarkECis,

I think AEM Environment Indicator from ACS Commons is what you are looking for.

Sample result:

test-env.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MarkECis,

I think AEM Environment Indicator from ACS Commons is what you are looking for.

Sample result:

test-env.png

Level 2

Thank you all for your lightning-fast response. I really appreciate your help!

Employee Advisor

Hi,

To indicate the AEM environment or site you are working on, you can use browser extensions, customize CSS, add a custom logo or watermark, or utilize different favicon icons for each environment in browser tabs.