Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can AEM Desktop be used to manage content fragments in AEM?

Level 3

I'm trying to figure out if AEM Desktop can be used to manage content fragments in AEM, including bulk updates via CSV files. My use case involves editors needing to update hundreds of content fragments at once.

I've looked through the documentation, but I couldn't find any information on content fragments. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this before and if there are any prerequisites that I need to know about before attempting to do so. Any insights or tips on this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @wei_lyu 

You can use excel sheet for the creation of content fragment as well as updating the properties of CF. 
There are few thing you could use in excel which will basically have CF name, model used for the CF creation and columns that will have properties.
This will require a custom logic and upload of excel sheet on button click and servlet call. Further for your CF creation you can use content fragment java-based API.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @wei_lyu ,

AEM Desktop is not intended to be used for Content fragments, so it's not supported.

For your use case, you can either use asset API or content fragment java-based API to create a utility that can create content fragments from CSVs.

please check 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/extending/assets-api-content-fr...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nitesh 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @wei_lyu 

You can use excel sheet for the creation of content fragment as well as updating the properties of CF. 
There are few thing you could use in excel which will basically have CF name, model used for the CF creation and columns that will have properties.
This will require a custom logic and upload of excel sheet on button click and servlet call. Further for your CF creation you can use content fragment java-based API.