Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bug when naming anything some from of the word "advertisement"?

Level 4

Ran into a strange issue last night and wanted to check if anyone else has seen this. If i name anything (component, node, jsp file, package) in the CQ environement with any form of the word "advertisement" (advert, advertise, advertisement, advertisements) it'll cause issues. If you try to expand the node in crxde lite it'll freeze, trying to build a package with that name will throw an unspecified error, and the jsp file just won't render. I thought it might just be our environment so i installed a clean CQ5.6 (build 20130129) but sure enough it still happens there.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Any chance you're using Adblock Plus in your browser?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Any chance you're using Adblock Plus in your browser?

Level 10

I will see if i can duplicate this issue. I will name a node under apps using that term and see what happens. 

Level 10

I have successfully built a CQ 5.6 app using this term:

[img]ad1.png[/img]

Here is the JSP displayed in a browser:

[img]ad2.png[/img]

So CQ supports this term. Your issue may be due to something else. See the troubleshooting docs as you may have old files somewhere conflicting:

https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/upgrading/tips-and-troubleshooting.html

Level 4

Yep, that was it. After smacdonald said it worked fine for him i was trying to think what would be different about our environments. We all have adblock installed in firefox, just tested IE and it works fine. Sorry, should have thought of that last night!

Employee

No worries, I ran into this issue myself.