Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Avaiable article on Custom Product Importer

Level 2

Hi I would like to ask if there are any documents on creating a Product Importer just like the importer being used on Geometrixx Outdoors, the purpose of creating a custom importer so that the csv file that will be uploaded for import will be fit based on the requirements of the project.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

That's absolutely right. And, If you are willing to use existing Native AEM eCommerce platform, then yes, You have to follow existing product data modeling (Match with exiting Product data).

Regarding use of ProdcutImporter, Since, you have a custom CSV file so you need to have your own Product Importer. Existing may be sufficient.

---

Jitendra

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Well,

You got to implement custom importer. Apache POI does provide good API's. So, should not be hard to write few OSGI services. Also, Imported data have to be stored in jcr and should follow some Data modeling based on your project requirement. 

So, I guess, none of existing solution could be fit for your case.

Here is a good article : http://viralpatel.net/blogs/java-read-write-csv-file/

----Jitendra

harold malabanan wrote...

Hi I would like to ask if there are any documents on creating a Product Importer just like the importer being used on Geometrixx Outdoors, the purpose of creating a custom importer so that the csv file that will be uploaded for import will be fit based on the requirements of the project.

Thanks.

Level 2

Thank you for the response, I would like to confirm by means of creating the OSGI Services does that mean I don't have to use the base classes like ProductImporter.java? If my understanding is right the end result of this custom importer is like an AEM Component that calls an OSGI service to parse the csv file and store it to jcr and the stored data on the jcr should match the Product class of AEM so there might be no conflicts, right?

Correct answer by
Level 9

That's absolutely right. And, If you are willing to use existing Native AEM eCommerce platform, then yes, You have to follow existing product data modeling (Match with exiting Product data).

Regarding use of ProdcutImporter, Since, you have a custom CSV file so you need to have your own Product Importer. Existing may be sufficient.

---

Jitendra

Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at these article for your help:-

Link 1:- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-excel-service-experience.html

//Creating a custom Excel Service for Adobe Experience Manager.

AEM service that accepts an Excel spreadsheet, extracts the data from the spreadsheet, and persists the data in the AEM JCR. 

Link 2:- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/polling.html

//Creating Custom Data Importer Services for Adobe Experience Manager

Develop a custom data importer service for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) that lets you import data. 

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni