Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Authoring included component in page

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have one component In that i have included another component like below

Say like banner component included dropdown-bar-takeover-v2
<sly data-sly-test= "${properties.enableDate}">
<div data-sly-resource="${'./enableDateDropDown' @ resourceType = 'we-retails/components/content/dropdown/dropdown-bar-takeover-v2'}"/>
</sly>

I need to change some authoring for dropdown-bar-takeover-v2 component how i will author that

Regards

Manikantha R

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @mudaliar847906,

sounds like you will need to create a custom component but you can supertype the dropdown-bar-takeover-v2. That means inheriting all properties from dropdown-bar-takeover-v2 and then you just change what you need. For example add new fields to the authoring dialog. If you haven't done this before look for documentation explaining sling:resourceSuperType.

Good luck,

Daniel

Community Advisor

Hi @mudaliar847906 
Are you not able to see authoring option for includes option? can you share the screenshot

It should look like below:

arunpatidar_0-1729785826027.png

Arun Patidar

Level 3

@mudaliar847906 sounds like you are using nested components were you are not able to author child component?

if yes,

1.You need to check in the authoring page whether parsys for both the components is visible or not.

2. if its visible you need to open that parsys then do authoring for that specific component (parrent or child).

Community Advisor

Hi @mudaliar847906 ,

As you have kept inside data-sly-test element condition, inner component(dropdown-bar-takeover-v2) won't be available(visible) by default to author until you check(author) enableDate in outer component.

First you need to enable by authoring outer component enableDate

<sly data-sly-test= "${properties.enableDate}">
<div data-sly-resource="${'./enableDateDropDown' @ resourceType = 'we-retails/components/content/dropdown/dropdown-bar-takeover-v2'}"/>
</sly>

If you want to enable (to be available) to author by default on adding the outer component itself, you have to keep outside data-sly-test element.

Thanks