Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Authentication fails after saving OSGI config

Level 2

I've been investigating how to set a password validation string but in the process have a very unusual behaviour.  I am using AEM 6.2.

Starting with a freshly-installed system at http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr, I search for 'Apache Jackrabbit Oak AuthorizableActionProvider', click on that name to open the configuration to open the configuration dialog, then click 'Save' from the buttons in bottom-right corner of the dialog.  Do not make any configuration changes, just open the dialog and click 'Save'.

There is a message at the top of the window after this: 'Configuration Admin Service is running.'

Unfortunately, CRXDE is now broken at: http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp​.  The error message is:

Also, I cannot login to the author at: http://localhost:4502/​  The error message is:

The java process that is running the author instance has to be force-shutdown.  After a restart, everything is (apparently) working again.

I am concerned that this could cause issues on deployment to production.

What should I be looking for to analyse and resolve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

johng23

There are some known issues in AEM 6.2 GA instance. You can see issues notes in 6.2 SP1 release notes such as

• Changing Oak-related OSGI configuration makes the AEM instance dysfunctional. GRANITE-11906
  • Fixed issues around instances becoming non-responsive when Sling Resource Resolver Factory is updated. GRANITE-13126

I suggest you update your instance to the latest SP+CFP which would be SP1 + CFP14 and re-try to see if you face any issues. I've just performed a quick test on mine SP1+CFP14 instance and didn't face any issues.

Regards,

Aneet

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

johng23

There are some known issues in AEM 6.2 GA instance. You can see issues notes in 6.2 SP1 release notes such as

• Changing Oak-related OSGI configuration makes the AEM instance dysfunctional. GRANITE-11906
  • Fixed issues around instances becoming non-responsive when Sling Resource Resolver Factory is updated. GRANITE-13126

I suggest you update your instance to the latest SP+CFP which would be SP1 + CFP14 and re-try to see if you face any issues. I've just performed a quick test on mine SP1+CFP14 instance and didn't face any issues.

Regards,

Aneet

Employee

I can't replicate this issue on latest maintenance release of AEM 6.2. I would suggest first update to latest 6.2 patch release (1) and let me know if things look good.

(1) : Adobe Experience Manager Help | Release Notes: AEM 6.2 Cumulative Fix Pack

Employee Advisor

Hi,

when you re-configure Oak services, typically a lot of AEM is restarted; that's because this service restarts, but before that OSGI shuts down all depending services, the services these depending services depend an so on. In most cases that's comparable to a complete restart of AEM.

When testing this, you should validate in your log file when the services restart is over, and then everything should be fine again.

Jörg

Level 2

Thanks Aneet,

I've noticed that CFP15 is available (since 6 June).  Is there any reason I should still take CFP14 instead?

John

Level 6

Hi Johng23,

As General paractice , for all instance which we start need to ensure that all bundles are up and running fine .

Once we found this details on OSGI console we are good to navigate to other consoles.

I guess in your case you made changes while some bundles are not yet ready and so you faced issue on opening crx/de console.

Level 5

Hello johng23

We should aim to install latest CFP available for the version so yes you can surely install CFP15.

Best Regards,

Aneet

Level 2

These are my findings from trying out the suggestions.  This was my first upgrade so I read the documentation carefully and did a number of tests.  Since SP1 requires Hotfix 12785, and CFP15 is optional after SP1, I tried the following combinations:

• HF12785 on its own: did not fix the problem (as expected)
  • SP1 (including HF12785): fixed the problem
  • SP1+CFP15: fixed the problem

All the answers above were helpful but I have chosen aneeta45259594's detailed answer as the correct one.  Thank you!