Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Assets Within the Same Folder Have Different Permissions

Level 1

We are having an issue where a user will be able to Edit/Delete and Publish with the following toolbar showing up when an asset is selected:

serdman_0-1588257894709.png

However, whenever the same user selects a different asset within the same folder they are only able to select Properties and Delete:

serdman_1-1588258011956.png

All of the permissions for the groups the user belongs to are set at the folder level and the access control panel in CRXDE doesn't show any access control policies are being set for the individual assets themselves. Does anyone know anything that could cause this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Can you go to <host>:<port>/useradmin and drill down to the asset level -> check if the user has different permissions for the assets in question. I am pretty sure the permissions at asset level will be different.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi @serdman ,

Maintaining permission at asset level might be too micromanagement and i think it will be difficult to maintain them in future as well.What is the challenge you face in having those set of images in separate folder,because it is always better to have permissions at folder level not at asset level.

May be you can put assets with more privilege in sub-folder.

Thanks,

Deepikaa

Level 1

The issue is that we don't set any permissions at the asset level and yet these two assets appear to have different permissions despite being in the same folder.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Can you go to <host>:<port>/useradmin and drill down to the asset level -> check if the user has different permissions for the assets in question. I am pretty sure the permissions at asset level will be different.