Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Assets associated with XF are not getting published when used inside custom component

Level 1

I have a customer component, which take experience fragment(XF) as input through dialog box. When i try to publish the page which has custom component, it gives me option to publish XF used in a component but does not give me option is publish the assets associated with the XF. Due to this assets inside XF are not published and page renders as a blank on publish instance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Are you using "Manage publication" to replicate the page? While defining the scope, it should show you "Published References" option wherein all the referenced assets, content policies, templates etc come and you can chose which one to publish and which one to not.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 1
Above post talks about JCR resolver, as DAM path was different. My issue is different. I have same DAM path.

Community Advisor

Are you getting same issue when you use OOTB/Core XF component ?

Arun Patidar

Level 1
No, this issue is not there in OOTB/Core XF component. I am facing this issue with my custom component.

Community Advisor
can you check the reference property name in your custom component? Not sure why you are getting blank page. It should render the page but images.

Arun Patidar

Level 1
In my custom component property name is "experienceFragmentPath"

Community Advisor
Regarding blank pages, Do you see any errors on publisher ? Can you try to change property name same as OOTB XF. I know this does not make any difference but just trying to eliminate OOTB relation.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee

Are you using "Manage publication" to replicate the page? While defining the scope, it should show you "Published References" option wherein all the referenced assets, content policies, templates etc come and you can chose which one to publish and which one to not.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Level 1
It shows me all the assets and content policies of my page but does not show the assets of XF which i have used in my custom component