Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Archiving error.log file

Level 2

Hi,

Could anyone please explain how can I archive day to day error.log file into zip file.

Thanks,

Phalgun

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Phalgun,

Archiving the log files would lie outside AEM. You could setup logs to rotate on a daily basis in AEM, then write a shell script to zip and FTP your log files to another location/server.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Phalgun,

Archiving the log files would lie outside AEM. You could setup logs to rotate on a daily basis in AEM, then write a shell script to zip and FTP your log files to another location/server.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 3

Yeah, this definitely lies outside AEM. I would suggest you use log rotation, with an automated custom script to compact / archive an older file daily. Cron jobs would help if you're on linux, but then you also probably wouldn't use .zip.

Personally, our logs rotate and only the last 5 days are on the server. We do use Loginsight as a log aggregation tool though - it has a java agent that forwards log entries to the central loginsight server automatically, and persists the logs / data for future analysis. I would recommend looking into a log aggregation tool like that one.