Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Archiving AEM assets

Level 2

Hello All,

Are there any functionalities in AEM so that the assets can be archived to a certain folder based on the lastModified properties? The only thing I found close to this is version purging.

Regards,

Mandip

5 Replies

Level 10

OOTB, no. You can however build custom workflows to achieve this functionality.

Community Advisor

as Scott said, there is no OOTB function for this.

however, write a custom function to check the last modified and zip that all.

you will lot of article to find last modified and check the code for zipping it.

~ Prince

Employee Advisor

What do you mean with "archiving"? Any special requirements with retention policies, additional audit log entries? Special legal requirements? Note: AEM is not an archiving solution, so for any archival required by law I would strongly consider a dedicated archivial solution.

Level 2

Are you looking something with respective to Asset Expiration as otherwise you would need a custom workflow setup as per your need.

Please refer [1] in case Asset Expiration help your case.

[1]: Digital Rights Management in Assets

Administrator

We do have Assets filtering option: Asset Selector

Here you can filter out assets based on many parameters. I don't actually get you on what do you mean by archiving?

If this is just moving Assets to another folder than the primary folder then this can be done.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni