Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Archetype Versions

Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to check/find archetype version in Existing Project?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Jivithesj ,

There is no way to find out the current archetype being used for the project.
You could have two archetypes which have the same structure in output, and is hard to determine which one is version X and which one is version Y.

Also, there is no such metadata stored in the codebase after generation.

However, if you had a project freshly created by you on your system, you would see a file named : archetype.properties, but sadly, it would only have parameters used to generate that project and would not have the archetype version detail.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 8.40.28 PM.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Milind

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Jivithesj ,

I believe there isn't a direct way to find out the archetype version once it is created, you can check the release notes for the archetypes which shows the new changes/fixes they have done as part of the version. https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/tags You should be able to compare them and find the respective version.

Most of the times, you can see the core component version changes and get the information right away.

Again, even though you go through this process, you might not find the right version as someone in the team might have updated it for some requirements.

Regards,

Santosh

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Jivithesj ,

There is no way to find out the current archetype being used for the project.
You could have two archetypes which have the same structure in output, and is hard to determine which one is version X and which one is version Y.

Also, there is no such metadata stored in the codebase after generation.

However, if you had a project freshly created by you on your system, you would see a file named : archetype.properties, but sadly, it would only have parameters used to generate that project and would not have the archetype version detail.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 8.40.28 PM.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Milind