Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Annotation tool edit access on template level

Level 1

Annotation tool is not showing up for components other than parsys in the page.

Observations:
The components have cq:action property in cq:editConfig node under them, which donot contain 'editannotate' property value. Adding 'editannotate' value to each components solves the problem.

But instead of making changes to each individual components, can we have any global solution for a component group or any access on a template level works?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

hi @Surabhi307667305mh8 

Editannotate property comes under the cq:actions which is meant for defining actions at a component level.

One thing I can think of is you can define the cq:EditConfig on a container eg: parsys and use cq:childEditConfig if you want to have custom config for the child nodes. Otherwise the parent config will be applied to all children and need not make a changes a each level.

cq:childEditConfigcq:EditConfigWhen the component is a container—for example a paragraph system—it drives the edit configuration of the child nodes.
cq:editConfigcq:EditConfigEdit configuration of the component.

Also please check below link different usecase but same properties used.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/inheriting-parsys-supertyp...

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@Surabhi307667305mh8 if you don't have any editconfig with ca:action property, all options are available by default but if you have node with other options, then it's mandatory to include each action you need.

Correct answer by
Level 9

hi @Surabhi307667305mh8 

Editannotate property comes under the cq:actions which is meant for defining actions at a component level.

One thing I can think of is you can define the cq:EditConfig on a container eg: parsys and use cq:childEditConfig if you want to have custom config for the child nodes. Otherwise the parent config will be applied to all children and need not make a changes a each level.

cq:childEditConfigcq:EditConfigWhen the component is a container—for example a paragraph system—it drives the edit configuration of the child nodes.
cq:editConfigcq:EditConfigEdit configuration of the component.

Also please check below link different usecase but same properties used.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/inheriting-parsys-supertyp...

Hope it helps

Thankyou @sherinregi for your response.
But as per the above solution, we are going to make modifications to each and every component itself, and this cannot be considered a global solution, am I correct?