Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Full text search does not return results in prod environment

Level 4

Hi,

I’m facing this issue where full text search does not show results in production whereas it works in lower environments. 
Do we have to enable something for the full text search to work ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @SHIBANI06 

1. Compare indexes

- Please check which index is used for the query in lower environment. Compare configurations of same index on higher environment.

2. Look for any errors reported for indexes in logs.

3. Try running the same query in smaller set of content in production. May be the query is not picking the same index in PROD and DEV. It can happen when the index is not optimum for the query

4. Try re-indexing after resolving 1 & 2.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @SHIBANI06 

1. Compare indexes

- Please check which index is used for the query in lower environment. Compare configurations of same index on higher environment.

2. Look for any errors reported for indexes in logs.

3. Try running the same query in smaller set of content in production. May be the query is not picking the same index in PROD and DEV. It can happen when the index is not optimum for the query

4. Try re-indexing after resolving 1 & 2.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

This is most likely an indexing issue. In addition to what @aanchal-sikka has already suggested, I would recommend checking when the last index that is running your query was indexed. It may be stuck, and you may need to manually reindex it.

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hello @SHIBANI06,

Using the Query Performance tooling from Tools > Operations > Query Performance would certainly the tool you want to use to know which index is being used across environments. This tool ships with AEM out of the box.

You could start there and then drill down into the index's configurations.

regards,

Preetpal