Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

An unexpected error occurred while overlaying node /libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml in AEM

Level 2

Overlaynode.jpg

I am using XML Technical Documentation and I am going to upload a word document from my local machine to XML documentation and for the same I have to create an overlay node as per user guide, but when I am going to create an overlay node I am getting following error, please check the provided screenshot

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Overlay, JSP / JS / CSS / XML overlays aren't officially supported. So, you need to overlay the folder structure(/libs/fmdita/config) and recreate the XML node.

Sharing below another way of creating an overlay :

1- Make a package of "/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"

2- Download and extract the package.

3- Open "jcr_root" folder and rename "libs" to "apps"

4- Open "META-INF/vault" folder and open filter.xml

5- Change the "<filter root="/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>" to "<filter root="/apps/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>"

6- Save the file.

7- Repackage "jcr_root" and "META-INF" folder.

8- Upload and Install the newly created package from step 7 and check force upload option.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

The 1st thing to check is to make sure you have the proper permission to the node. If you have the proper permission to the node(s) the browser debugger tool might provide more details on what might be causing the issue.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Overlay, JSP / JS / CSS / XML overlays aren't officially supported. So, you need to overlay the folder structure(/libs/fmdita/config) and recreate the XML node.

Sharing below another way of creating an overlay :

1- Make a package of "/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"

2- Download and extract the package.

3- Open "jcr_root" folder and rename "libs" to "apps"

4- Open "META-INF/vault" folder and open filter.xml

5- Change the "<filter root="/libs/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>" to "<filter root="/apps/fmdita/config/w2d_io.xml"/>"

6- Save the file.

7- Repackage "jcr_root" and "META-INF" folder.

8- Upload and Install the newly created package from step 7 and check force upload option.