Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

After column overlay in classic UI, the list of columns changes. Why is this happening?

Level 1

Hi,

I was following the tutorial on how to customize AEM Console by adding a new column in classic UI. Everything works and I can see the new column displaying the data. Only one thing is bothering me:

Before the overlay, the OOTB column list is this one:

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.34.53 AM.png

After overlay:

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.35.12 AM.png

Any idea how I can retain the OOTB list of columns + my new one?

Thank you in advance,

Diana

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

For each property that is not present -

1. Create a node under '/apps/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/grid/geometrixx/columns' in /crx/de
  2. Apply 3 properties to the newly created node as other existing nodes -
  • xtype - String - gridcolumn
  • usePredefined - String - <value same as node name>
  • jcr:primaryType - Name - nt:unstructured

3. Add the specific value under /apps/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/grid/geometrixx', 'storeReaderFields'  in the same order.

E.g. To show 'template'

Create a node with under 'template', usePredefined - 'template' and storeReaderFields value should be 'templateShortTitle'

For Impressions, the storeReaderFielue is 'monthlyHits' 

You may check other values in /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin.js line # 2000 onwards under CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.COLUMNS = {... }

Similar approach for damadmin, if required. File - /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/DamAdmin.Actions.js

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

For each property that is not present -

1. Create a node under '/apps/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/grid/geometrixx/columns' in /crx/de
  2. Apply 3 properties to the newly created node as other existing nodes -
  • xtype - String - gridcolumn
  • usePredefined - String - <value same as node name>
  • jcr:primaryType - Name - nt:unstructured

3. Add the specific value under /apps/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/grid/geometrixx', 'storeReaderFields'  in the same order.

E.g. To show 'template'

Create a node with under 'template', usePredefined - 'template' and storeReaderFields value should be 'templateShortTitle'

For Impressions, the storeReaderFielue is 'monthlyHits' 

You may check other values in /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin.js line # 2000 onwards under CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.COLUMNS = {... }

Similar approach for damadmin, if required. File - /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/DamAdmin.Actions.js

Level 1

gauravb10066713​ thank you for your answer. that makes total sense. I was trying the template but with the usePredefined - I was  having 'templateShortTitle'. And that is the reason it wouldn't have worked for me. With your suggestion it works like charm.