Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Layout Container CSS - bad sample code?

Level 2

I was looking at the documentation here: Configuring Layout Container and Layout Mode

There is sample code under "Include the Responsive CSS", which includes the line:

@import (once) "/etc/clientlibs/wcm/foundation/grid/grid_base.less";

The file mentioned doesn't exist on my server. (I have 6.4.2.0 installed). I do have a file named grid_base.less at the path "/libs/wcm/foundation/clientlibs/grid/grid_base.less" and that seems to work. Is this just an old sample that needs to be updated?

It caused me a fair bit of grief - you have to notice that the .less compiler is issuing a warning.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See the Weekend tutorial for this information - it's the best docs we have for this part of the AEM product:

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

See section 3.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See the Weekend tutorial for this information - it's the best docs we have for this part of the AEM product:

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

See section 3.

Level 2

That does look like a good tutorial. It verifies that the 6.4 documentation I referenced is inaccurate. Unfortunately, the quality of the tutorial doesn't make the documentation accurate.

My question wasn't, "Is there a tutorial that is more accurate than the documentation?". What I wanted to know was had I missed something - did I just not understand. I get that there is a whole heap of documentation and that things change fast and some things are going to slip through the gaps. Mistakes happen. No worries.

But is it going to be fixed?

Level 10

We pointed you to the best docs we have on how to work with the Layout container - which is in the Weekend Tutorial.

Yes, we logged a bug against the product docs based on your feedback.