Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM segmentation rules based on user groups

Level 5

Looks like AEM OOTB segmentation does not offer user groups based content personalization until the user group is mapped as a profile attribute ?

is there a way that we can use user group name in the client context and segmentation rules OOTB without custom data store?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

I don't think you have OOTB store for user group and it make sense because existence of user group depends on users. So either create custom store or customize profile loader (/libs/cq/personalization/components/profileloader/command/load/load.js.jsp) to your application

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

sri003 wrote...

Looks like AEM OOTB segmentation does not offer user groups based content personalization until the user group is mapped as a profile attribute ?

is there a way that we can use user group name in the client context and segmentation rules OOTB without custom data store?

What is the use case that requires segmentation based on user group?

In a typical use case for AEM in the publish instance, you would not use group unless the user logged

Correct answer by
Level 9

I don't think you have OOTB store for user group and it make sense because existence of user group depends on users. So either create custom store or customize profile loader (/libs/cq/personalization/components/profileloader/command/load/load.js.jsp) to your application

Level 5

we are on a intranet portal and need role based content based on user groups

Level 5

thanks pawan , we will try this option also please let me know which authentication handler can sync entire user group in AEM if OOTB  LDAP VS OOTB SAML

I see LDAP will be the right option for this and SAML can only sync users to only one group configured in handler and we have manually create groups and map

and will be hard for maintaining large user / group base as this is mannual