Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM | Replication Event

Level 2

Hi,

I need to capture an event(activate/deactivate) and perform some operations, only when the content is delivered to publish instance. Suppose, I have 2 publish instances, how do I get to know when the content is successfully published to both?

Tried with the ReplicationStatus API, but to no avail. Is there any API available that gives me the confirmation when a replication event is successful.

Could anyone suggest me a way to figure out this, please?

Regards,

Prabodh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

I think replication event listener can help for the same, deployed on your publisher server. Have a look at the ReplicationAction API.

ReplicationAction ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

Thanks,

Gaurav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

I think replication event listener can help for the same, deployed on your publisher server. Have a look at the ReplicationAction API.

ReplicationAction ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

Thanks,

Gaurav

Employee Advisor

If you want to retrieve this information on author, it's going to be hard; not because it's actually hard to gather this information, but rather because there might be unforseen cases, which you should consider upfront. And maybe you should re-think your application design.

For example, how to you want to handle the case, that one of your publish instances is down for a moment (e.g. 5 minutes) or for an more extended period of time. Would your approach be able to cope with that situation in a way that you still can reach your business goals?

I would try to avoid that approach and choose a different way.

regards,

Jörg