Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Author SSO for On-Prem Licensing

Level 4

I am trying to figure out if we need additional licensing to implement SSO for our On-Prem Authoring environment.

Does anyone know anything about this? Personal experience, web page, etc.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I did work on on-premise some time back, we never talked about License with Adobe for SSO set up and things have changed from that time. But since you got green signal from Adobe, i think you are good to proceed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You mean to do the set up of LDAP SSO/ SAML/ Okta with on-prem author? i don't think so.

Level 4

I would think not also, but we are going through licensing of other Adobe products and we were told that a license change was required because SSO was not included in our license type. And of course I have no idea what our license type is.

I contacted Support and received this response:

I understand, but there is no need to upgrade your license in order to use SSO on your on-prem author. I don't think we've ever required a change in license for this, at least on 6.5. I don't see such thing in the documentation either [1]. You should be able to go ahead and implement with your current license.

So I am confused and trying to figure out what Adobe is doing to us.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I did work on on-premise some time back, we never talked about License with Adobe for SSO set up and things have changed from that time. But since you got green signal from Adobe, i think you are good to proceed.

Employee Advisor

@Tom_Fought Let's just talk on the AEM side, SSO is just another layer of authentication and I don't think on on-prem there is any additional licensing on, you should just get IDP details and configure it in the server.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/configuring/single-sign-on.h....

Level 4

Totally agree with comments here. We have install SSO earlier this year, many conversations with Adobe Support. Not once was licensing brought up.