Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM as a Cloud Service bursting CDN cache when modified page get published

Level 9

Hello,

Is there a way to flush/burst Fastly CDN cache once the modified page republished before the TTL of page on CDN. Currently i have not seen any article or approach how it should be done. I understood that at dispatcher you can set header for CDN to burst the cache via setting TTL based on path.

Looking for response if there is better way to handle this with Fastly CDN.

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Pawan-Gupta wrote:

Thank you very much.

QQ: so what is the best way to handle two types of sites where

1. first site need longer TTL cache because modification into site pages are very low (weekly)

2. second site need pages to be modified frequently & upto date with latest data (as ecom site)

now, as we have same fastly CDN to use among these two different category of site, what is the best way to manage cache (we are configuring it a dispatcher per domain basis but stuck from CDN side)

First you need to tag your pages so code can decide if the page fits into the first or second category. Next you should either build a filter or augment your page-rendering models to read that tag (it can be a real tag or just a simple property) and set the respective caching header. Then make sure that the dispatcher has header caching enabled as well.

(I don't think that this is doable on the dispatcher because this information is not available or needs to be hardcoded.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

The short answer: Currently there is no such option.

The long answer: The web is always inconsistent, and you need to find a balance between caching and being-up-to-date. Caching is used at many levels, and you can never be in control of all.

Level 9

Thank you very much.

1. first site need longer TTL cache because modification into site pages are very low (weekly)

2. second site need pages to be modified frequently & upto date with latest data (as ecom site)

now, as we have same fastly CDN to use among these two different category of site, what is the best way to manage cache (we are configuring it a dispatcher per domain basis but stuck from CDN side)

plz share your thoughts.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Pawan-Gupta wrote:

Thank you very much.

First you need to tag your pages so code can decide if the page fits into the first or second category. Next you should either build a filter or augment your page-rendering models to read that tag (it can be a real tag or just a simple property) and set the respective caching header. Then make sure that the dispatcher has header caching enabled as well.

(I don't think that this is doable on the dispatcher because this information is not available or needs to be hardcoded.)