Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM and Adobe Target Integration using OAuth services instead of JWT

Level 3

Hi All, 

I am trying to enable integration between AEM and Adobe Target. To start with, we have to configure Adobe IMS Technical account using authentication key generated in Adobe I/O. 

In Adobe I/O, we have two options for API authentication - OAuth and JWT (going to be deprecated). So, I continued with OAuth method and generated Client secret key and required credentials for completing IMS configuration. However, I am stuck at one part, where step 2 and IMS asks for Authentication Server and Payload as mandatory field. We do not get payload in OAuth.  (Attached Screenshot)

Has anyone else faced this issue? What should be added in "Authentication Server and Payload " when we are going ahead OAuth method of API authentication. 

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Rupal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

In the context of OAuth authentication, the "Authentication Server" typically refers to the authorization server endpoint URL where the authentication process takes place. This is usually provided by the identity provider or OAuth provide.

As for the "Payload" field, in the case of OAuth, it typically refers to the data sent in the request body during the authentication process. However, OAuth does not require a specific payload in the configuration step you mentioned.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

In the context of OAuth authentication, the "Authentication Server" typically refers to the authorization server endpoint URL where the authentication process takes place. This is usually provided by the identity provider or OAuth provide.

As for the "Payload" field, in the case of OAuth, it typically refers to the data sent in the request body during the authentication process. However, OAuth does not require a specific payload in the configuration step you mentioned.

Level 1

@ManviSharma i see the thread has been marked as resolved but it did not give information on what ot put in the mandatory field for the JWT payload. I searched for updated documentation on using OAUTH to create that connection and found nothing. Is there an updated documentation for doing this integration with OAUTH. As of now we cannot leave that field empty nor can we put any dummy values.

Level 1

Update: As of now the OAuth integration is still not available for use to push XF from AEM to Target. This is the below message we get when we try to configure. (Tested with 6.5.19)

RajeevBo_0-1715881039071.png

Level 1

I received confirmation from Adobe support this week that the integration with Adobe Target to export XFs from AEM doesn't support OAuth yet.

They mentioned that it will be included in the next Service Pack release and then patches would be provided to other SPs. So I'm really hoping the needed support is included with 6.5.21 which will be released soon, followed by the documentation updates.

Thanks!