Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM and adobe Target integration issue

Community Advisor

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate AEM and Adobe target through Adobe I/O and launch. I have configured target to the WKND site. The issue is that I see only default experience.

Below are the brief steps I have followed.

• Create property in AEP launch. Followed this document.
  • Create Projects (one for adobe target and other for AEP launch API) in adobe developer console.
  • Create two IMS configurations in AEM. One for AEP launch and another for target.
  • Use the public key created in AEM IMS config inside I/O console to create JWT and finish up the IMS setup in AEM. Followed this document for IMS setup.
  • Received successful connection test in AEM for both IMS configs.
  • Configure Adobe target cloud configuration in AEM using the IMS config just created.
  • Configure the target cloud service in WKND root page properties.
    JeevanRaj_0-1688636725049.pngJeevanRaj_1-1688636746396.png

• I can see the launch script loading on Page load. Below is a screen shot of the adobe experience platform debugger tool.
    JeevanRaj_2-1688637398382.png
  • Any activities that I create in AEM are being synced to Target as well.
  • But the issue is when I load any WKND page, I see only the default experience. Also, I see a javascript error in the console related to atjs-integration.js.
    JeevanRaj_3-1688637520361.png

Can anyone help me in resolving this issue?
5 Replies

Community Advisor

@JeevanRaj 

Integration patterns:

1. AEM -> Adobe/I/O -> Target

- Usually needed to do one or more of the following,

a) Sync Target audiences to AEM or,

b) Export AEM segments to Target or,

c) Export AEM XFs to Target.

2. AEM -> Launch -> Target

- Usually needed to integrate AEM & Target indirectly. In this case AEM -> Adobe I/O -> Target integration isn't necessary. Reason is Launch's script includes Target's AT.JS library.

What is your goal from among these?

thanks,

Preetpal

Community Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to integrate AEM with Target for implementing AB testing. Which integration would be the best approach for this case?

Community Advisor

I tried the second approach. AEM -> Adobe I/O -> Launch -> Add Target extension in launch. The JS error which I saw earlier is resolved. But still, I see only the default experience. 

Note: The activity and audience are created in AEM and synced to Adobe Target.

In AEP debugger, under Target -> Target Traces I can only see the activities directly created in Adobe Target under "Evaluated Activites". None of the AEM created Activities are considered for evaluation I believe.

Community Advisor

To summarize,

• I have integrated AEM and Target.
  • Only default experience is loading.
  • Activities created in AEM are not being considered for evaluation when checked using Adobe experience platform debugger. The activities created directly in Target are the only activities considered for evaluation.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated. Thank you.

@Preetpal_Bindra @BrianKasingli @arunpatidar @lukasz-m @Asutosh_Jena_ @Vijayalakshmi_S @VeenaVikraman 

Community Advisor

Hello @JeevanRaj,

In my experience creating activities in Target works all the time. So, we are better off using that.

thanks,

Preetpal