Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[AEM 6.6] How can I edit a XF's policies?

Level 4

Hello,

I have a Header component that I am using in a experience fragment, my Header has a responsive grid inside because I want to be able to add modular Header component like Nav Items:

<sly data-sly-resource="${resource @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid'}"></sly>

This seems to work fine and I was able to create a experience fragment for the header with a .xml file but when I try to add navigation items from the XF Editor I don't see the option to add my Nav Item component, it looks like I can only add the regular groups, it currently looks like this:

Jeanmaradiaga_0-1632944926751.png

But what I need is for it to look like this:

Jeanmaradiaga_1-1632945008821.png

I thought this could be done by only modifying the policies so under 

ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/conf/kg-commons/settings/wcm/policies/.content.xml

I went and added two new policies like so:

Jeanmaradiaga_2-1632945086545.png

But this doesn't seem to work, any ideas? I tried to do it from http://localhost:4502/editor.html/conf/kg-commons/settings/wcm/templates/xf-web-variation/structure.... but I don't think that is the correct way.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Jeanmaradiaga ,

Go the Experience Fragment  and  Edit the template of the experience fragment  and add your group (which contains your component).Make sure that you need to update the policy of layout container.

Kr,

Sanjay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Jeanmaradiaga ,

Go the Experience Fragment  and  Edit the template of the experience fragment  and add your group (which contains your component).Make sure that you need to update the policy of layout container.

Kr,

Sanjay