Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM 6.5 Sling Dynamic Include

Level 6

Hi  All,

I need to use sling dynamic include in one of the component in AEM6.5

It is not having dropdown option for 'Include type' with three options (ESI, Javascript and Apache SSI) on sling dynamic include bundle configuration after installing it from https://sling.apache.org/downloads.cgi

It is showing only 'SSI' as text field (not a dropdown). Am I referring correct bundle (3.3.0 version)?

Could anyone please share thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Pradeep

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Sling Dynamic Include (SDI) only provides a dropdown option for "Include type" if you have the appropriate dependency installed. To use the ESI and JavaScript include types, you need to include the corresponding OSGi bundle dependencies in your AEM project. Without these dependencies, SDI will only show "SSI" as a text field instead of a dropdown. Double-check that you have the correct version of the SDI bundle and that the required dependencies are installed in your AEM instance.

Level 6

After following the link I can see page html that cached on dispatcher has below line

<div class="testdynamic title aem-GridColumn aem-GridColumn--default--12"><!--#include virtual="/content/we-retail/us/en/_jcr_content/root/responsivegrid/testdynamic.nocache.html" --></div>

However page is not showing the content of testdynamic component at dispatcher

Added below rules on httpd.conf file

Options FollowSymLinks Includes

# Required to have dispatcher-handler process includes
      ModMimeUsePathInfo On

# Set includes to process .html files
      AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html

# Set includes to process .html files

# AddOutputFilterByType INCLUDES text/html
# AllowOverride None

Not sure why content is rendering on publisher but not on dispatcher for testdynamic component.

Any hep is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pradeep