Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 <B> to <strong> in RTE

Level 7

I have a requirement that <b> tag should be converted into <strong> after submitting. I was able to achieve this by introducing below node structure as a sibling to rtsPlugins of my text component in apps.

<htmlRules jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
    <docType jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
         <typeConfig jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

@useSemanticMarkup Boolean true         

</typeConfig>
     <docType
<htmlRules

Problem is in our site already we have used RTE for more that 500 odd places and those RTE ,The new change is not getting reflected unless manually editing those RTE components(need to hit twice B icon).Is there anyway to overcome that existing RTE s in pages not getting reflected that change <b> to <strong>.

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can try replacing the <b> to <strong> in java while reading value from node property and displaying in htl. This will not replace <b> to <strong> in the jcr node but for in html it will have <strong> instead of <b> for already added rte's. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

It is not possible to change the existing stored content without editing manually or via script.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can try replacing the <b> to <strong> in java while reading value from node property and displaying in htl. This will not replace <b> to <strong> in the jcr node but for in html it will have <strong> instead of <b> for already added rte's. 

Community Advisor

Write a groovy script to update existing nodes ,

Level 8

The content is already stored in the repository, so the only way you can fix this is by writing Groovy Script, the below script can help you to fix this

Note: the code is not tested and it is self-understanding you can modify it if it does not work for you

def search = "<b>"
def replace = "<strong>"
def path = "/content"
def property = 'jcr:description';
def query = createSQL2Query(path, search , property)
def result = query.execute()
result.nodes.each{node ->
def description = node.get(property)
println description
node.set('jcr:description', description.replaceAll(search ,replace))
println node.path
}
save()
def createSQL2Query(path, search, property) {
def queryManager = session.workspace.queryManager
def statement = "SELECT * FROM [nt:base] AS s WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE([${path}]) and s.[${property}] like '%${search}%'"
def query = queryManager.createQuery(statement, "JCR-SQL2")
query
}

Level 8
Yes, you can do this using bulk editor also. I feel it is manual work will take time