Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM 6.4 Customization of convert to experience fragment dialog

Level 1

We have the following requirement that at time of experience fragment creation I have to provide variation title and variation tag but I don't have those options in the dialog in the new fragment creation action, I tried to overlay the dialog but it is still loading the libs.

I am able to override the existing dialog if I change the dialog url variable in /libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/clientlibs/experiencefragments/js/editor/actions/convert.js to point to apps instead of libs.
is the above approach a good practice?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

That is not a good approach and certainly not recommended. Your changes will go away on the installation of service packs (if SP has code changes related to this path). 

Please review the sling Resource Merger doc [1] to make sure the overlay/override is implemented correctly.

I am assuming you are using 6.4 or 6.5. This path is marked as Internal (granite:InternalArea) which means it cannot be overlaid, inherited, or used directly. These nodes are meant only for the internal functionality of AEM.

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-merg...

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

That is not a good approach and certainly not recommended. Your changes will go away on the installation of service packs (if SP has code changes related to this path). 

Please review the sling Resource Merger doc [1] to make sure the overlay/override is implemented correctly.

I am assuming you are using 6.4 or 6.5. This path is marked as Internal (granite:InternalArea) which means it cannot be overlaid, inherited, or used directly. These nodes are meant only for the internal functionality of AEM.

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-merg...

Regards,

Vishu

Level 1

yes but the URL call is var dialogUrl = Granite.HTTP.externalize("/libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/v2/conversion.html/libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/v2/conversion/converter") where the path was fixed to libs  in /libs/cq/experience-fragments/editor/clientlibs/experiencefragments/js/editor/actions/convert.js file.

the way which i see is to override the js to apps and update the dialogUrl path to the overlayed node.

so how can we make that point to the one I overlayed without overriding the clientlibs? 

Level 3
i have a similar problem. i want using the functionality i want override the the component injected in my site page "cq/experience-fragments/editor/components/experiencefragment" with my custom experience fragments component (inherited from core component). i don't have found any article that can help me.

Level 2

Hello @davidef34326447 - I am currently working exactly the same functionality. Are you able to complete it by any way?