Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

[AEM 6.4] Changes to "DAM Update Asset" does not affect existing assets (even with rerun)

Level 2

Hello everybody,

we wan't to add an additional web rendition to our assets, which we made trough a new flow in the workflow "DAM Update Asset".

We chose the flow "Create Web Enabled Image" and this works for new assets.

Of course we wan't to add the new rendition to all existing assets. I thought that this could be done with "Start Workflow" with that workflow and then choosing the right path to the dam.

But nothing happens. No one of the existing assets are affected.

When I look into http://host:port/workflow I see that the workflow has failured:

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process execution resulted in an error

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:204)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:261)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:502)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:293)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:60)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:229)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Failed to execute process

at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:108)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:194)

... 8 more

Caused by: com.day.cq.workflow.WorkflowException: com.day.cq.workflow.WorkflowException: execute: gatekeeping failed, asset [{/content/dam/test/gf/images}] in payload doesn't exist for workflow [{VolatileWorkItem_node1_var_workflow_instances_server1_2019-08-12_update_asset_366}].

at com.day.cq.dam.core.process.GateKeeperProcess.execute(GateKeeperProcess.java:81)

at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93)

... 9 more

Caused by: com.day.cq.workflow.WorkflowException: execute: gatekeeping failed, asset [{/content/dam/test/gf/images}] in payload doesn't exist for workflow [{VolatileWorkItem_node1_var_workflow_instances_server1_2019-08-12_update_asset_366}].

at com.day.cq.dam.core.process.GateKeeperProcess.execute(GateKeeperProcess.java:78)

... 10 more

But nothing helps and I don't understand, what's the problem. The gatekeeper is part of the first step, but when I delete that, the workflow runs in another error saying every time that the payload doesn't exist for workflow etc pp.

I also tried this: Generating the missing renditions for AEM Assets

5 Replies

Employee

Do you have any ACS common package installed that may have caused a conflict ? If so check the "error.log" to find out if there has been a conflict. 

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Have you tried the other way around:

1. Select asset

2. Click on Timeline from left hand side toggle.

3. Click on Start workflow and select the dam Update Asset workflow.

Check the workflow instance from crxde: /var/workflow/instances/server0

If error messages do not provide much info, then put debug log on com.adobe.granite.workflow.core and com.day.cq.workflow and replicate the issue.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2

We have

installed. But I don't the see anything in the error.log referencing to that package.

Level 2

The other way round doesn't work too. I got the following error:

But I think this is another issue (hooray).

I try to log the packages you described.

Level 2

I logged the 2 packages and found something "new":

This looks like a hot trail, but I don't have the skills to look further.

Any ideas?

Sorry for copy and paste. I didn't find a possibility to add attachments.