to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

AEM 6.4 - Change in the Taxonomy Root Node

a_mn1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Guys, I noticed that the tags that we created in miscadmin is getting created under a new path in AEM 6.4.(/content/cq:tags) rather than /etc/tags.

I started our project in AEM 6.3 and was trying to migrate the content to AEM 6.4 . This is when we noticed that the tags were not working as expected. Happened to see this link Adobe Experience Manager Help | Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4 where a point is mentioned

1. Replace the references to the old model (/etc/tags) with the new one (/content/cq:tags) by using the tagID.

How to go about doing this. Is this a manual activity. Its not very much clear from the adobe documentation. If anyone who have upgraded from 6.3 to 6.4 can help.

Regards,

Anand MN

2 Replies
jbrar
Employee
Employee

Anand - Tag Manager API Support either older location (/etc/tags) or newer location. At the start of the component, It detects if this is an upgraded system i.e. /etc/tags exists. Then the TagManager runs in BC mode, i.e. it uses /etc/tags as base path. If not, it uses new location (for now) /content/cq:tags

Going forward, the recommendation will be:-

1. Move tags manually from /etc/tags to /content/cq:tags

2. Restart the com.day.cq.cq-tagging bundle.

3. Refresh tag manager, see the tags that are under /content/cq:tags are now listed

4. create a new tag and check it is stored under /content/cq:tags as expected.

mjb54261515
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, How to do step 3 and 4. Please advice