Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Multifield not able to support boolean type resource

Level 3

There seems to be an issue with the multifield from both '/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield' and also from '/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield' in handling boolean types.

If I use a 'switch' or a 'checkbox' inside the multifield then the value it takes is always true. I tried with different variations but it doesn't work at all.

Attached images of implementation.

Added the multifield.

1446790_pastedImage_1.png

Added the boolean type switch

1446869_pastedImage_2.png

This is the dialog.

1446870_pastedImage_3.png

Adding values to the dialog. 1st is true, 2nd false and 3rd is true.

1446871_pastedImage_4.png

It stores everything as true :/

1446872_pastedImage_5.png

Any idea what could be causing this ?

smacdonald2008kautuksahni​ or anyone who have already faced it or know the fix ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I got to see the component dialog structure from other thread - Custom Multifield is not working In AEM 6.3 and noticed two things

• property named "eaem-multifield" is added to fieldset node.  (could you please let me know the significance of this. is there any JS associated to it)
  • only multifield resource is of CoralUI3 based (granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield), rest all are CoralUI2 based.

For Coral UI2 multifield, we need "acs-commons-nested" property on fieldset.

For Coral UI3 multifield, we don't need anything of that sort, it simply works as is.

Screenshots I produced in my previous reply is from two separate components, one with CoralUI2 resources completely(all of the fields included as part of multifield) and other with CoralUI3 completely

Given that I am unable to reproduce your issue and could see above differences alone, am sharing package for your reference. I suggest you to try the same and see if that helps.

https://github.com/viji13/aemlearnings/tree/master/Multifield

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you try to add a property named "value" to the switch or checkbox resource with some custom value (say, value=checktick) so that when we tick the checkbox or turn on the switch, the value mentioned here will be set.(rather than true)

Screenshot for reference:

Coral UI 2 Resource:

coralui2-switch.png

when we turn on the switch, value(=switch, mentioned above) is set. if not, empty string.

coralui2-save.png

Coral UI 3 Resource:

coralui3.png

when switch is turned on : first multifield item ("value" that we mentioned is saved)

coralui3-save1.png

When switch is not turned on : (second multifield item)

coralui3-save2.png

Level 3

Hi Vijis31358935,

I tried setting a custom value but still no luck it sets the custom value to all of them regardless of turned on or off.

1447065_pastedImage_1.png

Also with the coral/foundation I tried

1447085_pastedImage_0.png

1447066_pastedImage_2.png

Level 10

Short answer - when reading checkboxes via slng models - the data type is a String:

@Inject @Optional

public String show;

When its not checked - its a null.

//If checkbox is unchecked

if (show == null)

heroTextBean.setShow("off");

else

heroTextBean.setShow(show);

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I got to see the component dialog structure from other thread - Custom Multifield is not working In AEM 6.3 and noticed two things

• property named "eaem-multifield" is added to fieldset node.  (could you please let me know the significance of this. is there any JS associated to it)
  • only multifield resource is of CoralUI3 based (granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield), rest all are CoralUI2 based.

For Coral UI2 multifield, we need "acs-commons-nested" property on fieldset.

For Coral UI3 multifield, we don't need anything of that sort, it simply works as is.

Screenshots I produced in my previous reply is from two separate components, one with CoralUI2 resources completely(all of the fields included as part of multifield) and other with CoralUI3 completely

Given that I am unable to reproduce your issue and could see above differences alone, am sharing package for your reference. I suggest you to try the same and see if that helps.

https://github.com/viji13/aemlearnings/tree/master/Multifield

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008​, here its mainly the problem with the way dialog stores the data into the JCR. Reading the values from JCR is not a problem for me.

Level 3

Thanks vijis31358935, indeed the issue was because of the property eaem-multifield. I changed it with acs-commons-nested and it works fine for me

Cheers Mate !!!