Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 - Consuming asset data by external applicatons

Level 4

I am trying to create a central asset repository (using AEM Assets). There will be multiple applications/team who will be uploading their assets in this system.

Each of the application/team will have their own website/app (could be AEM sites/ any othe application) which will then consume the asset content (metadata+binary) . As of now I am planning to

server the content as json response. The asset binary will be served from the asset repository itself.

However I am confused on implementing the authorization framework in the asset repository. What is the best approach to authorize the asset requests from

each of the consuming application.

Please note : Asset repository and each of the consuming applications will be hosted separately.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It would make sense to implement oauth for this.  See this presentation for details:

OAuth Server functionality in AEM - Embrace Federation and unleash your REST APIs!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It would make sense to implement oauth for this.  See this presentation for details:

OAuth Server functionality in AEM - Embrace Federation and unleash your REST APIs!

Employee

in addition to Oauth, for the data later part, content fragment models would be a good option to get all the data as json and just parse and use it in external applications