Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 - Automatic download from DAM via link.

Level 4

Is there an easy way to automatically download a file (like a PDF) using the DAM's location in a anchor tag? For example:

<a href="my-site-stage/assetdetails.html/content/dam/tweed/pdf-files/TEST%20PDF.pdf">

Download instructions here

</a>

It seems like something that would be fairly common but clicking the link takes me to the DAM itself, where I have to first login and then find the donwload button and click it.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

hello, 

your path should be constructed to actual resource /content/dam/tweed/pdf-files/TEST%20PDF.pdf  (not prefixing my-site-stage/assetdetails.html which is for author mode) for public facing page (an i believe you want these files to be available on public. else, you need to put more constraint while generating link)

note: there are more stuff you can do when it comes to caching and supporting big file size.

thanks!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

hello, 

your path should be constructed to actual resource /content/dam/tweed/pdf-files/TEST%20PDF.pdf  (not prefixing my-site-stage/assetdetails.html which is for author mode) for public facing page (an i believe you want these files to be available on public. else, you need to put more constraint while generating link)

note: there are more stuff you can do when it comes to caching and supporting big file size.

thanks!!

Administrator
@Pawan-Gupta, thank you for answering. Keep it up.

Kautuk Sahni