Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM 6.2: TooManyCallsException

Community Advisor

Hi,

We recently migrated to AEM 6.2 from 6.1. Whenever I develop a new component and deploy the code, components are not showing in the left rail because of below exception:

org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/componentbrowser/component/component.jsp
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:530)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:77)
    at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter.doFilter(TargetComponentFilter.java:96)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68)
    at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:151)

I found out that we need to change the Number of Calls per Request in the Apache Sling Main Servlet. Default value is set to: 1000 and if I change this value to 1001, all the components are showing up and everything is working fine. Even, if I change this value back to 1000, it still works.

It is not working if I deploy the code again.

We have only 10 components in this page and this issue looks like a bug.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

The reason why you are seeing only in local might be you might have the total components count is exceeding 1000. (custom components, geometrixx components and lib components). 

you can see the analysis in this ticket 

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

--Durga

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

vmehrotr wrote...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4016

No one from our team is facing this problem. But my local is throwing this error. Wondering why this happens only to specific environment.

Level 10

This is a bug as vmehrotr - from our support team points out. I have never seen this issue so it appears it is environment specific. 

Level 4

I'm working on the upgrade project from 5.6.1 to 6.2, and I see the same issue in all the environments.

Only when I increase the value of sling.max.calls to higher value, my components gets loaded.

I have another issue though even after setting the higher sling.max.calls value, when I load the page in the preview mode, I see all the components html is being present, but the components are not being rendered. half of the component is being rendered and occupying that page and not able to scroll down the component fully. No visible errors on the browser and even in the error.log

Any pointers/suggestions would be appreciated.

Level 4

I debugged it further and see that I am getting too many API calls, when 

com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.components.ComponentServlet calling the /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/componentbrowser/component/component.jsp

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Correct answer by
Level 4

The reason why you are seeing only in local might be you might have the total components count is exceeding 1000. (custom components, geometrixx components and lib components). 

you can see the analysis in this ticket 

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

--Durga

Community Advisor

Is there any fix for this issue? Or should we delete some components ?

Community Advisor

Thank you . That helps