Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 and React Integration

Level 4

Hi All,

Need your guidance on AEM 6.1 and React Integration .

As per my understanding all the react component expect a input [Either as Properties or JSON] for all the content authored data .

As a AEM developer - I guess below activities are required every time

1) We might have to create WCMUse Pojo class to generate the JSON

2) Then we either we have to set a global java script variable .

Queries

1) Is there a way we can access directly access the component properties in react component

2) Also please share some sample project[React and AEM] if something that can be shared for reference.

Thanks,Sambasivaraja.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sambasivaraja,

AEM 6.4 SP2 already has SPA Editor with OOTB support for React. SPA Editor Overview

Please consider upgrading to 6.4 and using OOTB capabilities.

Nope, for SPA 0 lines Java code is required, everything is achieved thanks to Brilliant Work by Sling Model Exporters and AEM capabilities brought to you in 6.4 and 6.3.

1. In React this methodology is called property propogation.

2. aem-guides/spa-helloworld-guide at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-guides · GitHub

2. Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with the AEM SPA Editor - WKND Tutorial

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sambasivaraja,

AEM 6.4 SP2 already has SPA Editor with OOTB support for React. SPA Editor Overview

Please consider upgrading to 6.4 and using OOTB capabilities.

Nope, for SPA 0 lines Java code is required, everything is achieved thanks to Brilliant Work by Sling Model Exporters and AEM capabilities brought to you in 6.4 and 6.3.

1. In React this methodology is called property propogation.

2. aem-guides/spa-helloworld-guide at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-guides · GitHub

2. Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with the AEM SPA Editor - WKND Tutorial

Regards,

Peter

Level 2

Hi @samr99530769 in case you have done the above integration already, I would like to know the details, challenges which faced and the approach which you followed. Please share.

I have a similar use case where I have to built the frontend on a AEM application, my application is very less dependent on AEM authoring and only depends on few of the configuration.