Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager - Long term client side cache key

Level 2

Hi,

I try to find the documentation related to the Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager OSGI Configuration for the following parameters:

- Long term client side cache key

- Long term cache key format

This seems to be related to the ACS commons feature Versioned ClientLibs  but when looking on the documentation or on internet i can't find any explanation on those parameters.

Best regards,

Maxime Nougarede

DigitasLbi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

It's part of the Apache Configuration.  Documentation is here Versioned ClientLibs

Apache Configuration

To configure Apache to send the right header to set a long TTL:

SetEnvIf Request_URI "(\.min)?\.[a-f0-9]+\.js" long_expires=true 
SetEnvIf Request_URI "(\.min)?\.[a-f0-9]+\.css" long_expires=true
Header set Cache-Control max-age=2592000 env=long_expires

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

It's part of the Apache Configuration.  Documentation is here Versioned ClientLibs

Apache Configuration

To configure Apache to send the right header to set a long TTL:

SetEnvIf Request_URI "(\.min)?\.[a-f0-9]+\.js" long_expires=true 
SetEnvIf Request_URI "(\.min)?\.[a-f0-9]+\.css" long_expires=true
Header set Cache-Control max-age=2592000 env=long_expires

Employee

This needs to be configured on the webserver like Apache. You can use mod_header for this.

Level 2

Hi and thanks for your answer,

What i'm looking for is how to make those parameters works on the OSGI Configuration to be ableto generate my CSS and JS with a cache key.

the Apache configuration for the TTL will be done a second time once i achieved the first part.

If they backport the ACS Common feature for Versioned ClientLibs into AEM there must be a documentation somewhere.

Using a 6.2 Instance with the configuration below and after restarting the instance my CSS/JS doesn't have any cache key.

osgi-html-library-manager-conf.PNG

Level 2

The answer is not satisfactory.Versioned clientlibs is an additional  thing .How these configurations work on AEM only?