Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Adobe Franklin - Third party APIs

Level 5

Is there a way to make calls to third party APIs (through ajax for example) and load the results on a page (for example in a table like display) in Adobe Franklin? Is such a thing possible?

In AEM, you'd make a new component or enhance an existing one to support this - is there any documentation in Franklin on how to achieve this?

Also is there a dedicated community for next gen composability?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to make calls to third-party APIs and load the results on a page in Adobe Franklin. The recommended approach is to use the fetch API or axios library to make AJAX requests to the third-party API, and then use JavaScript to manipulate the response and render the results on the page.

In Adobe Franklin, you can create a new component or enhance an existing one to support this functionality. To do this, you would typically create a new component that includes the JavaScript code to make the API call and render the results.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@jakej40603950As far as my research goes, if you need to perform a task like this in Adobe Franklin, you will have to develop a standalone project with logic to connect to an API, fetch the data, convert it into a Word document, and upload it to Google Docs.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to make calls to third-party APIs and load the results on a page in Adobe Franklin. The recommended approach is to use the fetch API or axios library to make AJAX requests to the third-party API, and then use JavaScript to manipulate the response and render the results on the page.

In Adobe Franklin, you can create a new component or enhance an existing one to support this functionality. To do this, you would typically create a new component that includes the JavaScript code to make the API call and render the results.

I hope this helps!

Level 1

Adobe Franklin Instance Experimentation :- While creating sample experiment ,  not able to see the experimentation overlay in your .hlx.page preview environment on the control page.

Let us know if anyone faced similar issue and possible resolution.