Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe aio CLI

Level 1

I was trying to install the aio CLI with the command 

npm install -g @adobe/aio-cli

and this is the error / warning that I'm getting, 

npm WARN deprecated @npmcli/move-file@1.1.2: This functionality has been moved to @npmcli/fs
npm WARN deprecated readdir-scoped-modules@1.1.0: This functionality has been moved to @npmcli/fs
npm WARN deprecated @npmcli/ci-detect@2.0.0: this package has been deprecated, use `ci-info` instead
npm WARN deprecated @npmcli/move-file@2.0.1: This functionality has been moved to @npmcli/fs
npm WARN deprecated stable@0.1.8: Modern JS already guarantees Array#sort() is a stable sort, so this library is deprecated. See the compatibility table on MDN: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/sort#browser_...
npm WARN deprecated @oclif/screen@3.0.4: Deprecated in favor of @oclif/core
npm WARN deprecated string-similarity@4.0.4: Package no longer supported. Contact Support at https://www.npmjs.com/support for more info.

also if I use the command aio -h it sends me this error.
'aio' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

node -v
v20.3.0

npm -v

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arkive1 

Can you please executing from folder 

C:\Users\<User_name>\AppData\Roaming\npm

Environment path variable might be unaware of aio script's location. If it works, please try updating PATH variable

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arkive1 

Can you please executing from folder 

C:\Users\<User_name>\AppData\Roaming\npm

Environment path variable might be unaware of aio script's location. If it works, please try updating PATH variable

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

Thanks @aanchal-sikka . I had faced the same issue today and the above solution worked like magic. Later as you suggested , I added the above path to user env variables and it started picking aio command normally

Thanks 

Veena ✌

Community Advisor

Hi @arkive1 ,

These are just the warnings. Are you getting any error also while installing aio CLI?

Thanks,

Ritesh Mittal

Level 1

I haven't got any error when installing but whenever I am having the 'aio' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file whenever I try to use the aio-CLI

Community Advisor

Hi @arkive1 

I can only see a warning in the logs shared, no error. However, I tried running the same command in my locally and found that it requires Python to be installed and set in an environment variable "gyp ERR! find Python Python is not set from the command line or npm ".

Please re-check if you are also getting this error which can be solved by installing Python and setting in an environment variable.

Regards,
Arpit Varshney

Community Advisor

Hi @arkive1 ,

The warning messages you are encountering suggest some deprecated packages and potential compatibility issues with the versions of Node.js and npm you are using.

1. Make sure you have a supported version of Node.js installed. It is recommended to use a stable version of Node.js. You can download the latest LTS version from the official Node.js website (https://nodejs.org).

2. Similarly, the version of npm you mentioned (9.6.7) is not a valid version number. After updating Node.js, you should have a compatible version of npm installed. 

3. Retry installing aio-cli

Community Advisor

@arkive1 - I had a similar problem recently with my machine being reimaged. The issue is with your NodeJS version 20+.

There are 2 fixes for this - 

1. Run aio commands from path C:\Users\Your_User\AppData\Roaming\npm

This is working because if you run "aio info" from the above path you will find below warning-

» Warning: Node version not supported. Supported versions are 14, 16, and 18.

One fix for this would be to set up path variable as suggested by @aanchal-sikka.

2. Downgrade your NodeJS version to Latest LTS Version18.16.1 (includes npm 9.5.1)

With this the aio commands will work from anywhere including C:\Users\Your_User