Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Adding reply button to comment already posted on blog

Level 3

Hi,

Could some one help on providing me how  I could add a reply  button to comment already posted on blog

I am using  <cq:include path="comments"  resourceType="collab/commons/components/comments" />

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

First, if you look at the properties for /libs/collab/commons/components/comments, you should see that componentGroup is set to .deprecated for CQ 5.6.1.

You should be using /libs/social/commons/components/comments instead.

When you include a component, such as a comment system (comments), there is not the opportunity to change the default values for properties of the component.

When you add a component as a resource, a node (such as when you drag it from the sidekick in author edit mode), it is possible to open the edit dialog for the instance placed on a page and change the settings, including checking the box for "Allow Replies".

There is virtually no way to enable Alllow Replies for comments when you include them.

It is recommended that you add an instance of a comments instead.

- JK

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

You can overlay this component and extend it by adding the new button. I will also pass this thread to the social team for more information. 

Correct answer by
Level 9

First, if you look at the properties for /libs/collab/commons/components/comments, you should see that componentGroup is set to .deprecated for CQ 5.6.1.

You should be using /libs/social/commons/components/comments instead.

When you include a component, such as a comment system (comments), there is not the opportunity to change the default values for properties of the component.

When you add a component as a resource, a node (such as when you drag it from the sidekick in author edit mode), it is possible to open the edit dialog for the instance placed on a page and change the settings, including checking the box for "Allow Replies".

There is virtually no way to enable Alllow Replies for comments when you include them.

It is recommended that you add an instance of a comments instead.

- JK