Expand my Community achievements bar.

Activate Later Workflow : Latest edits not available in publishers

Level 3

Hi All - Recently we came across a feature which looks obvious but it is creating confusions for our authors. So the use case is, authors author a page and schedule it to publishing at a later date/time using workflow. Now, they get a request to make multiple edits to the page which is scheduled for publishing. They make the request hoping when eventually page will be published their latest changes will make it to publishers which is not the case. Since AEM only publishes content at the time when the workflow was started.

Do we request authors to start another workflow after each edit so as to ensure that their latest changes make it to publishers? 

Any other way ( edit the workflow) to always ensure most recent content is published?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@aem1234567 :

when you publish the content using Manage publications and publish later option, it will create the vesion (which holds the changes done till that time) , then it will publish the version as per scheduled time. if you make any changes after your schedule time of publication, it will not publish them because that version will not have the changes you made later .

SivakumarKanoori_0-1679021953143.png

Thanks,
Siva

Community Advisor

that’s the expected behaviour. If you made changes after scheduling it for publish later you have to republish it.

Employee Advisor

I agree with @SivakumarKanoori  here, I have tested and noticed if I make any changes after the schedule time of publication, it will not publish them.

I have reviewed the versions while using Manage Publications feature and had similar experience as @SivakumarKanoori has explained.  

Level 3

I agree with @SivakumarKanoori , @DPrakashRaj  and @DEBAL_DAS about your observations. I want to understand what options do we have so that authors do not have to continuously republish and that their changes are pushed when the schedule time is reached. Do i have to create a new workflow for this usecase or there is an OOTB option available?