Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Accordion Component

Level 6

Hello Team,

We are trying to use Core components Accordion component in our project to speed up FAQ pages development.

AEM Version: 6.5.2

After configuring all panels and other steps defined, we see as below:

arvind_0-1626027943417.png

Issue:

It seems styles/JS does not apply by default. Items are not clickable as well.

Do we need to write custom JS/CSS to make it working or at least It should work as  by default implementation and then according to Project req, we can further enhance styles etc.??

Regards,

AP

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arvind  Please check if you have embed core.wcm.components.accordion.v1 in your clientlib-base.

Core Component.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arvind  Please check if you have embed core.wcm.components.accordion.v1 in your clientlib-base.

Core Component.png

Level 1

What could be other reasons of that behaviour? I checked in my project and it seems that I embedded core.wcm.components.accordion.v1 in my clientlib-base.

Thanks a lot

Community Advisor

Hi @arvind,

Functionality of expand and collapse for an accordion(JS) would work as is with regular proxy pattern.(Can check in Preview or disabled/View as Published mode)

CSS needs to be done per the desired look and feel of the project. 

In order to cross check if you have created proxy component correctly, you can create a sample project in your local using AEM project maven archetype which has proxy accordion component, you can make use of the same. (Compare what needs to be overwritten when creating proxy out of Core component)