Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

5.6.1 Upgrade problem

Level 1

We have upgraded our test server instances to 5.6.1. A couple of JSPs that use classes in a jar file we include in our content package are failing with a NoClassDefFoundError, as though they weren't loaded by Felix.

Felix, however, does show the jar as fully active. This does not happen in our local instances, which is why we didn't see this coming. 

We have tried deleting the jar and reuploading it directly in felix, but that has not helped. Server restarts are not helping either, we have also tried deleting the JSPs to force recompiling, to no effect.

We would appreciate any help we can get.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

A couple things I'd check:

• Your bundle is not only active, but double check and make sure the class you are using is being exported. I don't know why an upgrade would change that but it's a possibility
  • Double check that there aren't two bundles both exporting the same class - again I am not sure why and upgrade would cause this but its one reason why a JSP would be having a problem.
  • Have you restarted your test server since you deleted the compiled JSP files, or perhaps restarted the JSP compiler bundle. Sometimes there is a level caching that can occur with class loaders. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Patrick, what JAR/package/class are you having a problem with? Is it Felix, Sling, Granite, CQ, etc?

Correct answer by
Level 8

A couple things I'd check:

• Your bundle is not only active, but double check and make sure the class you are using is being exported. I don't know why an upgrade would change that but it's a possibility
  • Double check that there aren't two bundles both exporting the same class - again I am not sure why and upgrade would cause this but its one reason why a JSP would be having a problem.
  • Have you restarted your test server since you deleted the compiled JSP files, or perhaps restarted the JSP compiler bundle. Sometimes there is a level caching that can occur with class loaders.