Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Will something like a Content Viewer

Level 4

Will there be something like the Content Viewer also for DPS 2015? Or do we have to make the Preview Apps ourself?

Thanks

Haeme Ulrich

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Haeme,

You'll need to create preview apps yourself. Right now with the beta that means making a real app and publishing your content live in the portal. In our next beta update there will be a dedicated preview button in the portal, and a setting in App Builder, that enables you to build a custom app that will show unpublished content in the app.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Haeme,

You'll need to create preview apps yourself. Right now with the beta that means making a real app and publishing your content live in the portal. In our next beta update there will be a dedicated preview button in the portal, and a setting in App Builder, that enables you to build a custom app that will show unpublished content in the app.

Neil

Level 4

Thanks Neil for your great support!

Haeme

Level 3

Bonjour Neil, does the Preview App need to be certified with an official P12 and mobile provision that mean that everybody involved in the DPS2015 process need to purchase an AppleDev account ?

The end of the Content Viewerr and the Sharing feature will really complicate the process between agency and customers

Level 4

Hi Galilée

This is why I decided to use an Android device to test. There you can install your app on every device with the self made certificate (you have to allow this in the system preferences).

But there is hope: I read that there will come a preview feature in the Browser – this would be great :-)

Best

Haeme Ulrich

Employee

Hi Galilée,

You only need one Apple Dev account in the workflow you describe. On iOS you do need to get the UUID of all the devices that are involved in testing. You can use a service like Testfairy to streamline the process. They make it easy for testers to register and for the deployment of the test apps themselves.