Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

"DPS 2014 Classic"support for how long? Urgent case study :)

Level 2

Sorry for this question - but i need to understand how long the Adobe support will live for "DPS 2014 Classic" if i can NOT use DPS 2015 for this workflow.

I have a client (yes, unfortunately it's a publisher) that need to build an app to sell "single article of magazine" + "full magazine".

He want In-App Purchase for "full magazine" and sure a "3/6 months subscription" but entitlement is not needed.

Could you confirm that this workflow could be also build with DPS 2015 using "full magazine" as "Collections"?

Really thanks.

Folobo

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi Folobo

DPS Classic is supported for the forseeable I'm told...

BUT: You are much better off recommending to your client to go with DPS2015 as the development roadmap is pretty exciting and you'll get better support if you're part of it.

In DPS2015, you can publish individual articles, and 'collections' of articles. And you'll need relevant product IDs registered with Apple / Google for anything you wish to 'sell' (via collections only). Including any subscription offers.

I don't think its possible to sell 'one article' unless its part of a collection (issue) or part of a subscription. I suppose you could make a collection of ONE article and sell that...