Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Project content will not update to Preflight

Level 1

Demo version of DPS

I have a project that originally had one article in the default collection.

The article was a converted HTML page using the HTML article packager.

The Preflight app worked and I was able to see that article.

After changing the entire project and clicking the update Preflight button, it will not update.

The project image finally update about 2 days later.

However, the original article is still there and all other collections / articles are not.

I have went as far as deleting the original article and it still shows.

From what I have read you can't delete a project to start over.

So how do i get it to update?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I find that when projects are first started, they can be tricky to work with, especially when you make drastic changes to content/collections/order. I find that a bit of drastic treatment has helped, or at least I think it did.

Just yesterday I was trying to get a project prepared for a demo. I wanted to remove _everything_ from the top-level so I could show the error state when you have nothing in the top-level. But my preflight apps wouldn't let go of what used to be there.

I found that I needed to force-quit the app, this was drastic enough to make the app go look for the current state of things.

(I did what I intended about articles, collections, order, cards, and layouts -- then clicked preflight. Then I force-quit the app and upon relaunch, I saw what I expected.)

I think some of this drastic action helps because when you have a really basic setup (you had only one article in the top-level) it's really hard to change views to get the update notice. Some would suggest "background/foreground the app" -- and that might do it, but I find a good old force-quit is where I go.

HTH -- Colin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

I find that when projects are first started, they can be tricky to work with, especially when you make drastic changes to content/collections/order. I find that a bit of drastic treatment has helped, or at least I think it did.

Just yesterday I was trying to get a project prepared for a demo. I wanted to remove _everything_ from the top-level so I could show the error state when you have nothing in the top-level. But my preflight apps wouldn't let go of what used to be there.

I found that I needed to force-quit the app, this was drastic enough to make the app go look for the current state of things.

(I did what I intended about articles, collections, order, cards, and layouts -- then clicked preflight. Then I force-quit the app and upon relaunch, I saw what I expected.)

I think some of this drastic action helps because when you have a really basic setup (you had only one article in the top-level) it's really hard to change views to get the update notice. Some would suggest "background/foreground the app" -- and that might do it, but I find a good old force-quit is where I go.

HTH -- Colin

Level 3

I have been experiencing the same issues, Collin's recommendations works, it is laborious, but effective to force quit and relaunch the app.

Level 1

Thanks,  your solution worked perfectly.