Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

navto://relative/parent not working in Web Viewer

Level 2

Hello,

We recently added in one of our app a navigation menu that points to different section of a publication. We also added the possibility to return to the parent collection with the link navto://relative/parent.

It works great on tablets and mobile phones, but it doesn't seem to work in the Web Viewer version.

Here's an example. The navigation menu is in the top right corner, and the link to exit the publication is called "Quitter" (the last option in the menu).

https://app.tcmedianouvelles.ca/webviewer.html#project/e33d9e2b-e00b-4c5d-8348-de8a1df31749/view/WSY...

Is it a bug or this link type is not yet supported in the Web Viewer?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The navto://relative/parent format isn't supported in web viewer. A tester told me that there is additional complexity in determining the parent in web viewer because web viewer users don't always access the app from the top-level collection.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The navto://relative/parent format isn't supported in web viewer. A tester told me that there is additional complexity in determining the parent in web viewer because web viewer users don't always access the app from the top-level collection.

Level 2

Thank you Bob,

I suppose my best alternative would be to use goto://FolioNavigation/lastview ?

It will work if it's the first time the menu is used in the folio. However, if the user navigated to another section before from the menu, it will bring them back to an article in the folio instead of the parent collection.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Employee

That should work. Keep in mind that in web viewer, users can also use the browser's back button, so adding parent and last view buttons isn't as important as it might be in an iOS app.

Level 2

You may also modify the menu for each article and point directly to the parent collection, assuming each article belongs to only one collection:

navto://collection/[collectionname]