Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

navto://relative/current#50%

Level 3

In a previous post I asked what command I needed to use to navigate to a specific spot further down in my smooth scrolling article when I have 2 top level navigations. The answer Bob gave was correct (navto://relative/current#50%), but it is only working on iOS. When I tap the button on Android it does nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It turns out that this is a bug. Using a value like 50% for smooth scrolling articles works on iOS but not Android.

The workaround is to use the page method (#n) instead of a percentage to jump to a specific location. In a smooth scrolling article, each tile, or screen, is effectively a page. So if you have a 6-tile smooth scrolling article (such as 768x6000), you would use something like navto://relative/current#2 to jump to tile 3 of the smooth scrolling article. You can use decimal point (#2.3) to fine-tune the link.

I'll try to remember to reply to this thread when the Android viewer bug is fixed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It turns out that this is a bug. Using a value like 50% for smooth scrolling articles works on iOS but not Android.

The workaround is to use the page method (#n) instead of a percentage to jump to a specific location. In a smooth scrolling article, each tile, or screen, is effectively a page. So if you have a 6-tile smooth scrolling article (such as 768x6000), you would use something like navto://relative/current#2 to jump to tile 3 of the smooth scrolling article. You can use decimal point (#2.3) to fine-tune the link.

I'll try to remember to reply to this thread when the Android viewer bug is fixed.

Level 3

Cool. Thanks Bob. That seemed to work for both. Appreciate it.